Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Days of Life 3 & 4- Mom discharged from hospital and moves to NICU

Day 3
I got a new bunkmate today! Mom had been staying in a room down the hall, and coming to visit me all the time, but she got discharged from the hospital and ended up moving into my room.  She asks the doctors a lot of questions, and they said she must be a lawyer or a scientist.  There are always people in my room as I need to have lots of scans, a heart echo to check my heart and an ultrasound to make sure my belly is okay with this new concept of feeding.  I also have x rays to take a look at the line placement for my feeding tube and belly lines.


Day 4
Hooray for no more blue light!!! My bilirubens are lower, so now I can be swaddled like a bug in a rug.  I found a nurse that I love.  Her name is Lindsey and she is a swaddle queen.  She knows just how to wrap me so that I'm cozy and I stop crying.  She even found a way to let mom hold me despite my belly lines!  It made mom so happy, she cried.  Boy, moms sure do cry a lot. Sometimes I can't tell if she's happy or sad! 

Taming my arms makes me cozy.


Mom hold me for the first time, while Dr. Nalen, my cardiologist takes a look at my pulse and heart.
Mom was soooo happy!
Mom and Dad read me my first book!, The Poky Little Puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment