Thursday, April 30, 2015

Days of Life 25 & 26- Attitude & Mom figures out she's allergic to Penicillin

Hi there!  I haven't been doing too much but working on growing these days.  I'm awfully grumpy and fussy though when I wake up.  The nurses think it is because I've figured out that I'm HUNGRY when I am woken up every 3 hours.  I've already had to have my feeding tube re positioned because I've grown so much.  I am now eating full feeds through my feeding tube of 34 ml like a big girl and weigh 3lbs and 12 oz. Watch me hulk out from sweet to hangry below.
I'm so angelic and sweet.  Dreaming of being inutero still.
Mom has undone one side of my swaddle, but I'm still so comfortable and angelic right when care time starts.
The eyes begin to open.
Wait a minute.

What is going on?

Something has gone terribly wrong and now I will throw a fit.
I don't want Binky  I want FOOD.


I am just miserable.
Some of my mom's coworkers came by to have lunch with her.  She was really excited to have them come to the hospital and some of them even got to see me (as long as they followed the rules).  She said she had a really good time seeing everyone and couldn't believe it had been nearly a month since seeing them.  Jayme, Kate, Pam, and Maria all came up to take a peak at me, but unfortunately, I acted like a real baby jerk when maria wanted to get her picture with me.
No smiles for Maria.

 All in all it has been another good string of days for me.  Even being fussy isn't too bad, it means I'm strong.  The report on Mom is that she hit another bump in the road.  It appears she may be allergic to penicillin.  She got this awful itchy rash all over her face, neck, armpits, chest, and stomach.  She looked like she had measles so everyone in the NICU was really wary of her. It looked like it itched BAD but she was determined not to scratch it.  She gave in after 48 hours of the rash.  I think everyone felt real bad for her, after all the penicillin was to get rid of the mastitis that was making her sick. AND since it happened on a Thursday, a follow--up appointment to see how it goes will hit the weekend.  Which means of course that she was miserable until Monday.  Lucky I am cute because she still says I'm worth it and she's still all about breastfeeding.  We are both determined, I guess!





No comments:

Post a Comment