Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Day of Life 8 - Cooked

Progress keeps on coming!

I am a feeding machine!   Today I'm up to 13cc's of milk at every feeding and going strong. I am now 2 ounces above my birth weight!  I've been weaned off of another machine too!  Now instead of a big ole high flow machine,  I am hooked up to a tiny machine on "the wall" that is delivering .3L of oxygen to my little lungs.   I am considered very close to just breathing on my own without oxygen.

Speaking of lungs, I have worked these out pretty darn hard today.  I literally had a melt down with mom today during kangaroo care.  As she was singing to me, I decided that I was too darn hot and started inconsolably screaming!  I guess I don't need two blankets when I'm skin to skin with Mom next time.  She practically baked me!  Mom freaked out of course, not knowing what had happened.

I got high marks today on a brain scan too.  At Day of Life 7 they perform a scan to make sure I didn't have any brain bleeds during delivery.  Usually they give the mom's magnesium during labor to help out with that.  My mom practically boiled with the magnesium drip, but she told me today that it was worth it knowing my noggin is aces.





No comments:

Post a Comment