Thursday, April 30, 2015

Day of Life 30: Breastfed




Day one in my new digs is going pretty good.  I have a new nurse named Linda (like Grandma Bond) that knows all about what I need to do to go home.  Mom has decided to stick to her like glue, and wrote out a list of questions for Linda to answer.  Linda was even really excited to help Mom breastfeed!  All the other nurses and docs preferred to bottle feed or use the feeding tube so they can keep track of how much I'm eating, but Linda disagreed.  She says we should do what works for us and that's the best way to get big and strong and HOME!  So mom and I had our first breastfeeding session (not pictured) and it went really well.  I'm proud of mom and she's proud of me!
Still doing Kangaroo Care and still loving it.
The speech therapist, Laura came by for my next care so we could try a newborn nipple to bottle feed.  I had been ahead of the game with bottle feeding, since they really like to start at 34 weeks, and I started around 32.  I was pretty tired from breastfeeding, since it was a new activity, and I didn't do as well with the bottle for the speech therapist.  I only took 4 mL and was pretty crabby the whole time.  We decided to just take a break, since we want my experiences to be positive.  Forcing small babies like me to eat with a bottle only makes me want to do it less, so Mom and my hospital staff are real careful to be patient with me. 



Mom wanted to send Grandma a photo of me and my new bed.  Grandma made this blanket for me.
Mom giving me smooches.  She does this ALL the time.  It's annoying.



My Grandma Simpson's good friend, Cindy Sevier mailed us a bunch of super cute premie outfits.  It was a life saver because mom only had a few outfits to use.  Cindy was kind enough to let us use her Grandkiddo's hand me downs and we love them.  Especially the ones that say stuff like "Mom Adores Me"  Thank you so much Cindy! Now I have a whole drawer full and can stay clothed for my entire NICU stay!

Mom adores me, but is terrible at putting onsies over my head.  That's why I look so mad.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Angie and Malala! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Angie and Malala! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete