Saturday, April 25, 2015

Days of Life 22-24 Swaddles and Bottles

These hands.... they're driving me nuts and have mind of their own! I never know what to do with my hands! Mom says I remind her of Ricky Bobby.  Whoever that is:


I'm not sure what to do with my hands, so sometimes I just rest them on my face.  Other times I want to tear out my feeding tube, or throw my binky across the isolette.


Luckily I'm big and strong enough to get swaddled!!!! My first swaddle is with this really pretty muslin blanket that Michelle Rundio gave me.  All the premies are toats jealous of my sweet swag.  It's just a weeeee bit big for me, since it's made for a minimum of 7 lbs.  I'm actually only 3lbs, 10oz. , so I sort of swim in it.   Mom says there  is nothing cuter than a swaddled baby, with a close second being this wet baby fox.  What do you think?
Maximum cuteness
Put me in a swaddle 


The other big news.... I was bottle fed today!  Some of the neonatologists didn't think I was ready, but I showed them.  I chugged almost 10ml of milk today!  I knew exactly how to suck, swallow, and breathe all together, which is sometimes very difficult for babies my age.  

Like a boss.

a num a num  num 



Proud mama!

Later that night, I wanted to show off my skills to Dad.
I got this!




Bottle feeding sure does wear me out though, with all that burping business. I had to have the rest of my feed through the feeding tube.   Afterward I needed to rest, and cozied up in my swaddle so much that I was in a cocoon.
Where in the world is Malala Simpson?






No comments:

Post a Comment