Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day of Life 13: One heck of a surprise from Salem, MO

Today was a great day!  Both mommy and daddy helped bathe me and I had an EPIC kangaroo care time of almost 5 hours with both parents.  To keep warm after my bath, I wore a hat my Grammy Bond made me.  She originally made it for one of my pals Charlotte or Cara, but decided it was way too small. She must have been expecting me and my small noggin.


Thanks for the hat Grandma Bond!
That's dad's finger in my pacifier; I'm still tiny
Best day ever!


In between dad and mom's turn at Kangaroo care, Dad had to leave all of a sudden.  When he came back he brought in a good friend from back home in Salem, Sara B. Jones!  Mom was so confused, but then shocked, and then she tackled Sara and started crying.  She was so happy & surprised to see her! Sara was flown in by her husband Michael to hang out for less than 24 hours.  Sara and Michael's son Foster was born at 29 weeks just like me, so it was very special for mom to have someone to talk to that had been through all of that. Mom says that Sara is the type of special friend that no matter how far away she is or how long it's been since they've talked there will always be a special and easy bond between her and Sara.  By the way Foster is doing great and getting into everything since his 2nd birthday!  
NICU Vet

Sara and Dad actually got mom away from the NICU for a handful of hours, and when she came back she was so happy!  Sara flew out bright and early Sunday morning, but she'll never know just how much she saved mom that day!  Thanks pal!

Also, Sara shared a blog post from one of her former NICU nurses.  Mom thought it was a good representation of what being in the NICU is like, and couldn't read it in whole for a long time without bawling like me getting a diaper change.  Feel free to read it!


No comments:

Post a Comment