Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Day of Life 11 Splish Splash

Hello adoring fans! I have the biggest news today, as I hit two major baby milestones.  For one, I am now breathing room air, meaning no more oxygen support or nasal canula!  AND I have been tolerating my feedings so well that they took out my PICC line, so now I can take all of my food through my feeding line, which has been rerouted through my nose.  This will help me to figure out how to use a pacifier, and hopefully breastfeed in two-three weeks.  Mom says I am a big girl and dad tells me how proud he is of me.  I'm working hard in this isolette, even though it looks like I sleep all day.

Because I am such a big girl, I can take a bath in the big tub now instead of a sponge bath!  I both hate it and love it.  It feels so soothing in the warm water, but then they put soap all over me and it makes me so upset!  I really like the hair washing, it is soothing and they do that last so I don't lose too much heat from my head.  Mom says hair washing and petting is a universal like.  Sometimes my mom is so weird.  

I hate having my face cleaned!


My mom was so busy taking pictures that nurse Rachel had to ask her to help!


After my bath, they let me put on clothes!  The only problem was, they were these clothes:  Mom says I look like I belong in a garage sale, but it was very nice of the volunteers to make this outfit.

Flower Power!


Tummy time is one of my favorites!  I sure will miss it when I go home and have to sleep on my back.
Kangaroo Care is so much easier with two less wires!

Dad took a million pictures of my knew streamlined look!




No comments:

Post a Comment