Thursday, April 30, 2015

Day of Life 27 HGTV friends build my new room at home.

Hi there!  Mom has been telling me about amazing friends that have broken into the house and cleaned the place and have started building my room!  I can't wait to come home and not have to be hooked up to wires and lights and hear other babies cry in the middle of the night like.... babies can't trust em.

So my good pal Michelle Rundio (of the swaddle gifting and cleaning posts) has a great eyeball for decorating a room.  My mom had asked her for help with ideas for the room way back when I was still cooking in her womb.  Then Mom and I got admitted to the hospital and Mom thought she would try to swindle Michelle into just doing the room with Dad.  Little did she know that Michelle is a machine at organizing a crew and just getting Sh*t done.  Mom gave her a few pinterests posts a budget and a key to our apartment and she recruited friends to pitch in!  The Summer's family, Jill McMahon, Laurel Reed, the Hesanos, and Amy Pane worked their booties off (and I know how hard that is, because I freaking hate booties on my feet).


The big reveal was today, and Mom and Dad went home to take a look at the place:

Cozy glider and beautiful gray, purple, and white pallet.

My new bed is amazing!!!! And look at that mobile!

Mom is going to rock me to sleep here a lot.

My mom said my room is small, but this looks spacious!


Changing my diapers will be much more relaxing here than in my isolette.

I even have books and play space on the floor!




I can't wait to move in to my new home.  Maybe in a month!

A note from Malala's Mom and Dad:  This is the one of most incredible and thoughtful gifts to have received.  To surrender weekends and extra time away from family and friends to build a nursery from scratch is a humbling sacrifice.  I have no idea how I will repay this kindness.  Words cannot express the burden that this took off our shoulders as we cope with delivering Malala 11 weeks earlier than planned, and trying to figure out how to live at the hospital and home at the same time. Delivering early has been an emotional and very very difficult experience to deal with.  All of our normal bills, cleaning, cooking, errands had fallen by the wayside and started to pile up.  We knew they were there to be dealt with down the road.  These friends that cleaned our place and built our nursery are true angels, and will forever have our gratitude and friendship. There's no way to actually express what a beautiful and unexpected relief this has provided us.  Thank you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Love the nursery! You have some great friends looking out for you!

    ReplyDelete